baru.neuf.newTODAY is a different day! I started volunteering today at AYA. I'll be there for 2 days a week. I haven't been going to subang on a regular basis since homeschooling days, so.. it's an odd-but-nice feeling to be back there. Nice working environment with quirky ppl to add flavor to the place :)
ALSO i started my New Jazz dance class today! Jazz and New Jazz are different. Jazz focuses more on lines and spins (and some leaps; the very technical. New Jazz is a modern twist of Jazz. Add in rhythm, groove, and some funk..and i guess that's New Jazz. It's reaaaally fun. I don't think i've had such a good first impression of dance teachers in the modern-dance line before. I pretty much thought the standard over here wasn't as good and only ballet teachers could actually teach well enough.
I was wrong :)
Today, we only learned an 8-count but boy, it had loads of technical stuff in it that felt really awkward when compared to my ballet background. At the end of class, Cleo (the dance teacher), said i was really good but a lot of my ballet technique kept coming up in her steps. So.. keep the ballet where it's supposed to be and come to NJ class without it. Haha. I never thought i'd be "the type" of dancer that danced w ballet form noticeably to the public eye. I hope my technique improves. I wouldn't like to be labeled a ballerina forever.
Oh, as i was on my way to dance, i saw a really full rainbow! It really was pretty. It just about stretched across a whole housing area and the motorway facing it.