it's the beginning of a new seasoni'm pretty all-over-the-place in terms of how i'm feeling about jetting off. I thought i wouldn't really miss church friends and certain things but i guess i do feel a little sad.
I had two farewell meals. One with church friends on sunday and another with some CF-ers last night. I'm sad to be closing this chapter and having to start a new one. I know that when i come back, things will be a little different and i'm not sure whether I can accept that.
For instance, yesterday, I hung out with a friend that had moved to aussie several years ago. We were pretty close in school. When i met up yesterday, we had our fair share of awkward moments and it made me think: if only things hadn't changed and he'd stayed in malaysia. Then i got all nostalgic and really hated it. But after sharing this w betsy, she said that even if he had stayed here.. things wouldn't be that different. You see, I stay in KL and tons of school friends stay in subang. Then i started comparing this r'ship with the others that are still here. I realized that what betsy said was true.. i've never been able to keep in touch with the subang ppl. So if anything, this is pretty good considering that we still meet up when he comes back on holiday or if i go to aus.
Oh well. We have to grow and life has to go on. I hope i make friendships in Belhaven that will last and be treasured just as much as those school days.
So to those of you who I've known during this season, i thank you for letting me into your lives. Thanks for all the laughs, life lessons, and times you've spent on me :) It's been a good one.