oh wow.. has it been THAT long?i apologize PROFUSELY for not writing in a LONG time. And i wonder why people don't ask me how I am lol. Obviously, it's 'cause they don't know WHAT to ask about considering i haven't updated this space.
Well, lets see.. a lot has changed. The weather is much better and we haven't had any snow since that last time. It's 26*C today!! Very nice weather, not like I make the most of it anyway. I don't sit out in the sun and stuff like tht lol. I do draw my blinds so that I can see the nice blue skies though :)
I've been in the US for about 12 Weeks now and have noticed a few quirky things about this place.
1. Their light switches are different and so are their plug-points. I've been getting used to flicking the stick up n down.

2. The front of their cars aren't required to have number plates

3. They use 3-ring folders NOT 2!! So, I had to re-punch all my papers!
Worst of all, I didn't have a 3-hole punch, so i used my 2-hole punch as a single hole puncher and punched each hole one-by-one! Took so much time, man! After like 5 weeks, I managed to ask a friend to get me a 3-hole puncher. Now i have this ginormous thing in my drawer :P

4. This one is the hardest thing of all: you have to pay to RECEIVE a text or a call.
How stupid ya?! What happens if I don't want to talk to you? Or you're just an annoying text messager? :P I've been getting TONS of junk text messages which have been costing me a lot! I hardly use my cell phone here, so it's such a waste of money. Whenever I see a telemarketer's number ringing on my phone, I don't even bother picking up.

haha. Well, those are just a few of the things i've noticed and remembered. What else has happened.. hmm. SPRING BREAK!! yes, i went to my sister's place in Colorado. Beautiful apartment, they did it up really nicely. Loads of old books, dark-wood cupboards, eccentric deco, and the lot. I had about 8 days with them, mainly chilling in the house, cross-stitching my sister's b'day present :D The first cross-stitch i've completed.
I flew from Jackson to Houston to Colorado Springs on Friday arvo. I had made sure to book good seats and i was very pleased with my seat from Jackson to Houston. Check out the leg room! lol

I arrived in Houston and had such a nice encounter with an old couple. I needed to charge my mac but the plug point was across the floor. The seat next to the plug point was taken by the old man. When he noticed what i was doing he offered me his seat because there was an empty one beside his wife. I ended up having a short conversation with him and found out that he's a professor at some university teaching finance.
When we touched down at Colorado Springs, i was SOOO tired. I looked out the window and had a huge grin on my face.

It's hard to see in the picture, but basically those are city lights. I haven't seen city lights in such a LONG time. In Jackson, there's no such thing.
My sis and Colt were there to pick me up from the airport. It was sooo nice to see my sis again after 2 years! I was whizzed off to Woodland Park the next morning and we stayed w Chad, Nicole and the kids. Woke up at 5am the next morning and Chad, Colt, My sis and I headed up to the mountains for a day of ... get this.. SNOWBOARDING!! My dream of whizzing down snow tops has finally been fulfilled! It was pretty scary at first, but i got the hang of it pretty quickly and managed to stay on the board for the whole ride down. I can't describe the awesome feeling of wind rushing toward you and looking at tons of pine trees and white white white! God was so good for giving us great weather. We had great blue skies. The snow was pretty compact though 'cause there hadn't been any new snow. Not great for beginners 'cause soft snow is much easier to fall on.
I don't have all the pictures 'cause their on Chad's camera. I'll put them up when I get them. Here's some pics that I took.

the mountain we went down
(it was much bigger. imagine left side and right of the pic being filled up)

our rides :)

the view from the lift. bee-youuu-tiful

the ski lift: hardest part of snowboarding. I could never get off them! So much so, that i didn't get off one time and they had to stop the whole lift and wait for me to get off. haha
(meaning the 50 ppl behind and in front of me sitting on the lifts :P)
It was such an awesome experience. So exhilirating! I was so blessed to be taught by both my bro-in-law and Chad. It was so fun going with family too! I wouldn't have been able to this alone or with people i didn't really know. It can be very scary to not know how to stop and which run to go down!
The next morning.. wow. My arms hurt SO MUCH from catching myself when i fell. Normally your derriere hurts but because i didn't fall that much on it, i was blessed :P Goodness knows how i'd be able to walk!
Here's kaeden! The last time I saw him, he was like this

now he's like this!

he's such a cute little man. He was moving way too much, hence the blur.

this is his little sis, Kenya. I loved holding her. I missed holding babies or even being around little ones. Something about them that makes you feel all fuzzy inside.
The rest of my time in Colorado was spent watching Season 1 of LOST, cross-stitching, looking at practically every thrift store in the area, baking, and just enjoying the company of family :) Here are a few more pics:

the welcome gifts they prepared for me!

ingredients for both cakes and the final product: banana cake :)

process of caramelization :P

baking with the Kitchen Aid :)

brownie cake with caramelized popcorn :D

downtown CO springs and the choc shop i found.
check out the toffee apples!

the asian market sold frozen durians! haha

my first asian lunch in 3 months!

dutch baby pancakes. amazing stuff. try it!

isn't their house gorgeous?!?!

me and my sister :D