today is a day we remember Jesus' divine resurrection. i will always be amazed at what happened that day. the day he conquered death - what seemed impossible to human eyes. but he did.. he arose and he lives :)
---------- (from
tumblr)
for those of y'all who do or do not know, i gave up facebook over the lent period
Lent is a forty-day period before Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday. We skip Sundays when we count the forty days, because Sundays commemorate the Resurrection. Lent begins on 17 February 2010 and ends on 3 April 2010, which is the day before Easter. it wasn't easy but i stuck through it. I'm glad i chose to do it because I've been able to really focus on things that I had neglected ( God, friends, being still ). I know it's not for everyone (i had a ton of friends ask if i was crazy and proceed to tell me that they'd "never give THAT up").
I just think its sad that my generation is getting so attached to the intangible. I'd rather sit with you over a cup of coffee and share a laugh, rather than have this mile long typed conversation on my screen.
Don't get me wrong. Facebook and all the other social networks help when meeting up isn't possible. When ur across the miles and the maintaining those connections. I just think it's used more than necessary.
I'm a victim of this to. Look at me, i've typed all this out.
As i click back to 'cyberworld', amongst the 15 friend requests, 17 event notices, and 30 other things; i hope that I won't get sucked back into the flow things. I wouldn't want to have wasted 40 days of recentering my life.
Father Time steals our days like a thief...
I've become the shell of a manI am beginning to understand
I've forgotten who I am
Come on and resurrect me ~ Jon Foreman